- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 medium (about 700g) potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 5 cups vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream (or coconut cream)
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the potato and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until potato is soft. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Transfer one-third of the potato mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat in 2 more batches with the remaining potato mixture. Alternatively, use a stick blender to blend in the saucepan.
Place the soup over medium heat. Add the cream and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until hot. Taste and season with salt.