Celeriac is the star of this simple, smooth, and delicious mash. It’s a side dish that will help you enjoy a lesser known winter vegetable!
- Peel the celeriac and potatoes with a swivel peeler and use a paring knife to cut out any dirty skin from the holes on the surface. Rinse off the peeled celeriac and potatoes
- Slice into cubes.
- Add the celeriac, potatoes and garlic to a large pot. Pour in just enough vegetable stock to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain off most of the broth. Add the milk and butter to the pot and heat for a few minutes until melted. The goal here is to make sure you’re not adding cold milk or butter to a dish that’s supposed to be served warm.
- Carefully transfer to a blender or mash with a masher.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.