Leek and mushroom pie
Gluten free and vegan
• 5 medium to large potatoes
• 2 tablespoons of olivani or butter
• 2 tablespoons of milk (can use soy or other plant based milk too)
• 2 leeks
• 5 flat mushrooms
• 1 brown onion
• 1/2 fennel
• 1 lemon
• 4 tablespoon of olive oil 2 tablespoons of garlic
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 can of coconut cream
• Sprinkle of Nutrional yeast or cheese
• Bread crumbs (Gluten free option too)
• Sprig of rosemary
Chop up potatoes and bring to boil. While they are cooking finely dice the onion and fennel then add to a large hot pan. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic.
Then add the mushrooms and leeks. Add juice of one lemon to the mix and finally the coconut cream.
Give it a taste to see if it needs more salt as leeks can absorb a lot of the flavour. Once the potatoes are cooked/soft add the butter and milk and combine till creamy. In a large dish lay down the leek mixture and spread the potato on top.
Add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and bread crumbs, with a sprig of rosemary to finish.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and bubbling! Enjoy!