This is way to cook all kinds of greens and is a base that you can add to and get creative with.
- Peel and chop a clove of garlic, a piece of ginger, and a piece of turmeric.
- Have ready a tablespoon of Thai fish sauce, a tablespoon of sugar and half a cup or so of coconut milk (not the low-fat kind).
- Cut up a bunch (about 400g) of greens, this can be misome, kale or chard.
- Heat a large wok very hot, put in about 2 tablespoons of oil, and dump in the chopped garlic, ginger, and turmeric and fry, stirring constantly, for a minute or until the fragrance comes up. Be careful not to burn them.
- Now put in the strips of greens, fry a few minutes while turning regularly, and then add the fish sauce and coconut milk.
- Continue to stir-fry over very high heat until the coconut milk thickens, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, and serve immediately with rice.