- 250g tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 2 medium capsicum, seeded and quartered
- 4 peppers, seeded
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated into cloves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a food processor, process tomatillos, peppers, onion, garlic, and parsley in batches until chopped.
- Transfer to a large stockpot; stir in oil, vinegar, olives, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add lemon juice to four hot pint jars, 1 tablespoon in each. Ladle hot mixture into jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool.